So this meme has been going around on Facebook, and at first I wasn’t really planning on participating, but I realize a bunch of new people have been reading and subscribing to my blog who might not know anything about me. So for the sake of introducing myself, here are nine (I think) interesting facts about me:
- When I was in high school, I was in several Advanced Placement classes. At the end of the year you would take a major exam; lowest grade was 1, highest grade was 5. In Macroeconomics, for one of the essays I just copied out “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock” by T. S. Eliot by hand. I got a 1 on that test.
- The Lord of the Rings is my secret second language. If you know how to speak it, we’ll be friends for life.
- I’m an ISFP, which means I’m an artist. We love beauty, creativity, and sensory pleasures. We’re known as the kindest personality. (Buzzfeed compared us to sloths and implied that we’re lazy. Ignore them).
- Growing up my hero was Willy Wonka from the original Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory. Because I was very shy, I wrote out, “All questions must be submitted in writing” on a hundred separate note cards and handed them out whenever I was asked questions. I had no friends.
- I recently became Catholic, which means I get asked a lot of questions about whether I worship idols and what it’s like to belong to the Harlot Babylon system. (I don’t; it’s awesome).
- I’m Scots-Irish on my mom’s side, which is probably where I get my love of all things Celtic. I’m Pakistani on my dad’s side, but everyone just assumes I’m Mexican or Muslim.
- I have had a VERY adventurous life.
- I love to give presents, but I don’t like to receive them. I think letter-writing and cooking are two of the best ways of showing affection. I love listening to people. I like being listened to.
- In college I wrote a short story about a girl who finds out that the house she’s living in is actually a creature. People were very surprised. I’m working on expanding it into a full-length novel.
Well, that’s pretty much all there is to say about me. Feel free to share your own scintillating anecdotes in the comments.